Buy Onkyo GRANBEAT Hi-Res Audio Smartphone DP-CMX1 128GB, Black - Factory Unlocked
The Onkyo Granbeat DP-CMX 1 is the firm's first smartphone, and it plays a range of music files at high resolution audio quality.
Onkyo might be known for its amplifiers and headphones, but the company has now dipped its toe into the smartphone world - and is bringing all its audio expertise with it.
The firm's first smartphone, the Onkyo Granbeat DP-CMX 1, comes equipped for playing a range of hi-res audio files, including DSD, DSF, DSD-IFF, MQA, FLAC, ALAC, WAV, AIFF, Ogg-Vorbis, MP3 and AAC.
According to the product page, this makes it possible to "sense the singer's breathing", and to hear musicians' "delicate touch" and "fine nuances".
The DP-CMX 1 has its own built-in DAC to convert an analogue signal to digital, and its minimal audio circuit design is claimed to "reduce noise influence and further supresses signal degradation".
It's compatible with the e-onkyo hi-res audio download service, so you can download tunes straight to the phone. And it features physical controls, so you can control your music while the handset is asleep.
There's plenty of space for your music. The DP-CMX 1 has 128GB of onboard memory and accepts microSD cards up to 256GB. That means it should be able to hold around 3200 hi-res audio tracks.
The phone has a 5in Full HD screen, shoots 4K video and has a Sony Exmor camera sensor. Android 6.0 Marshmallow comes as standard, and 3GB of RAM means that it should run games and videos without any slowdown.
- DAC & HP Amplifier: ESS Technology Inc. SABRE DAC “ES9018C2M” x 2 & SABRE “9601K” x 2
- Audio playback: DSD, DSF, DSD-IFF, MQA, FLAC, ALAC, WAV, AIFF, Ogg-Vorbis, MP3, AAC
- FS and bit number: 11.2MHz, 5.6MHz, 2.8MHz/1bit / 44.1k, 48k, 88.2k, 96k, 176.4k, 192k, 352.8k, 384k / 16 bit, 24 bit (* 32 bit float / integer is down-converted to 24 bit and played back)
- Playlist: M3U, PLS, WPL
- Video playback: H.263, H.264 AVC, H.265 HEVC, MPEG-4 SP, VP8, VP9
- Image file: JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, WebP
- Connection: 2.5 mm 4 pole balanced / 3.5 mm 4 pole unbalanced / micro USB/OTG
- Maximum Output (JEITA): 75 mW + 75 mW (Unbalanced) / 150 mW + 150 mW (Balanced)
- THD: less than 0.01%
- S/N: over 115 dB
- Frequency: 20 Hz to 80 kHz
- Impedance: Unbalanced: 16 to 300 Ω / Balanced: 32 to 600 Ω
- Gain: High / Normal / Low 1 / Low 2
- Sound: Precision EQ, Upsampling, Real time DSD conversion, Lock range adjustment, Digital filter, Featured EQ
- Volume: 61 steps (* including position 0)
- L/R balance: Yes
- Controls: Volume knob, Play, Next, Replay, Hold switch
- System: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Processor: Hexa Core / 1.8 GHz / Qualcomm MSM8956
- Memory: Internal: 128 GB / RAM: 3 GB / Slot type: microSD / Max. slot capacity: 256 GB
- Display: 5" / IPS / Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Camera: 16 MP / SONY IMX298 Exmor RSTM / Video: 4K UHD / Front: 8 MP, Video: 1080p
- Network: 4G: LTE Band 1/3/7/8/19/26 / 3G: 800/850/900/1900/2100 MHz / GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- Card slot: Type: nano-SIM / Slot: Full dual-SIM (SIM 1, SIM 2, microSD) / SIM 1： 4G LTE and 3G, SIM 2： 3G and 2G
- Wireless: Bluetooth: 4.1 / Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Location: GPS, aGPS, GLONASS
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor, eCompass, Gyroscope, Proximity sensor
- Supported language: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese
- Battery: 3000 mAh / Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Weight: 234 g
- Dimensions: 72 x 142.3 x 11.9 mm
- In the box: Onkyo GRANBEAT DP-CMX1, micro USB cable, AC adaptor, Documentation
Standard Warranty Period:
30 Days for devices including Smartphones and Tablets.
90 Days for audio/video products including speakers, headphones, headsets, cameras.
60 Days for wearables and smart gadgets including smart watches, fitness trackers and gadgets.
Warranty period take effects from the date when the shipping invoice is issued.
PDAPlaza provides a 30 Days repair warranty for devices (accessories including batteries do not carry any warranty). The terms and conditions for a standard 30 Days warranty are as follows:
If the goods are found to be faulty within 7 days, customers are entitled for either a full refund or replacement. Any item may be returned for any reason within 7 days from the date of dispatch. If you want to return the goods which are NON-DEFECTIVE within the 7 days period, please note that the returns should be in AS NEW CONDITION with FULL PACKING and DOCUMENTATION. If the goods are not in AS NEW condition or missing any packaging or damaged packaging, we reserve the right to refuse refund or a restocking fee of up to 25% will be charged depending on the condition of the returned goods. Delivery costs will not be refunded. To return the goods, please contact our Customer Service to request an RMA and follow the instructions to authorise the return of goods. Please refer to the Returns section below for details.
If the goods are found to be faulty after 7 days and within 1 month of purchase, the customer can send the faulty goods to our office, together with relevant invoice and PDAPlaza can arrange for repair services. Post fault investigation and within the specified warranty period, PDAPlaza repair service will be actioned at our discretion (please see Exclusions below) within 30 working days, at no cost to the customer. If PDAPlaza cannot repair the item within this period we will supply the customer with a suitable B-Stock item. If we do not have suitable B-Stock to replace we will source an equal alternative upon agreement with the customer or offer credit for the next purchase. For repair services covered by the warranty, the cost of shipping the goods back to the customer will be borne by PDAPlaza. Please contact our Customer Service to request an RMA and follow the instructions to authorise the return of goods. Please refer to the Returns section below for details.
If the goods are found to be faulty after 1 month of purchase, the customer can send the faulty goods to our office, PDAPlaza will arrange for repair services. Customer has to bear the repair costs. PDAPlaza will test the faulty unit and will provide a quote to the customer and if the customer agrees, we will proceed to repair the faulty unit as we see fit. If not, this will be communicated and the device will be returned to the customer, unrepaired. There will be a nominal shipping and handling charge on top of the repair charges. Shipping charges for returning the items shall be borne by the customers if they decide against repair.
Standard Warranty Coverage
Warranty covers the following:
A. Manufacturing software malfunction
B. Manufacturer or hardware defects
C. More than three dead pixels
Standard Warranty Exclusions:
Warranty does not cover the following:
A. Any damages unrelated to manufacturing defects.
B. Product malfunction or damage resulting from liquids or moisture.
C. CID (Customer Induced Damage) and NDF (No Defect Found). CID and NDF status will be notified to the customer when RMA inspection process is completed.
D. Software defects. Damage caused by applications or firm wares which are not compatible with the device.
E. Product has been tampered, repaired and/or modified without official permission. Tampering, rooting, modification or removal of the serial number label shall immediately void the applicable warranty.
Inspection and return shipping fee will be charged at the customer expense when the above causes of RMA return damages are present.
* Please note that for returns of water-resistant device, we cannot guarantee continued water-resistance after opening up the device.
Extended Service Plans
1 Year Extended Warranty
After many customer requests for PDAPlaza Canada to offer extended warranty services on all our products, we have answered the call.
You love your new phone so why not you protect it too.
Because life is unpredictable, extend your device protection from 2 months to 12 months and protect your device from mechanical and electrical failures that just sometimes happen.
Now, for only $165.00CDN you can extend the warranty of your device by one year, from the date of purchase. This extended warranty must be purchased at the time of the initial order of your device, and must be in place, before your device ships to you. The extended warranty is added to the warranty already in place on your device, at the time of purchase.
Why You’ll Love Our Extended Service Plans:
- Protects Your Device From Mechanical and Electrical Failure, Including Touchscreen Failure, Power-On Issues, Antenna / Wi-Fi Failure, & much more
- Free Shipping On Returns
- If we can’t fix your device, we’ll get you a replacement at no extra charge!
- Extended Service Plans do not cover accidental damage including damaged caused by drops, water, bending, or damage caused by installed applications or rooting
- Extended Service Plans must be purchased with device, and cannot be added once item has shipped
- Extended Service Plans cannot be refunded once item has shipped
- Extended Service Plans cannot be applied to b-stock, refurbished, or open-box items
- Extended Service Plans will not cover return shipping outside of the original delivery country
Returns and Repairs:
Please contact our Customer Service to request an RMA.
Products should be returned in their original packaging with all documentation, accessories, battery, stylus, cable, headset etc. enclosed in the initial shipment.
When you return your device, you will need to make sure that it is unlocked and free of security software that might prevent us from being able to access it. If the device is locked or disabled when you return it, we may have to charge you the full cost of the device and/or not process a repair/refund (if applicable).
Note: If you are not able to unlock or deactivate your device, please let us know before returning.
Please be sure that your device is restored to its factory settings without any personal data remaining prior to return. We will not be responsible for any use or disclosure of any data that is on the returned device during the assessment and repair process.